Website Evaluation Checklist
- Is it a personal website or one sponsored by a company, organization, or university?
- Is there a paragraph explaining what the website is about or who sponsors it?
- Did the author sign his/her name to the website?
- Does the author tell you about him-/herself?
- Do you feel that the author is knowledgeable about the topic? How can you tell?
- Does he/she present facts (not just opinions)?
- Does the website present any information that you think is wrong?
- Does the website have any spelling or grammar mistakes?
- Does the website have “dead links”?
- Is the website at the right level for you and your project?
- Is there a date on the page that tells you when it was last updated?
- Do you have any other comments on the site that might affect your decision?