Please read Getting the most out of Wikipedia before deciding to use Wikipedia. Click HERE to access the article.
This document looks at the history of the wikipedia page for Sally Yates, former US Attorney General under the Obama Administration and former acting Attorney General under the Trump administration.
The images work chronologically backward over a period of roughly five hours.
Evaluating websites checklist click HERE
Learn the net: this site provides information on topics such as Internet basics and email etiquette, and web searching with a free Internet tutorial.
Take part in the Spider's Apprentice, a helpful guide to understand who to use web search engines: tips on using Internet search sites like Googe, alltheweb and Yahoo.
Try a different search engine today:
Click HERE to access the Library's recommended search engines.
- Yandex Search: One of the largest search engine in the world founded in 1997. Ability to run searches on webpages, images, videos, maps and more. Searches can be run in a variety of languages.
- About: the human internet
- Alcove 9: list of great pages assembled by the Library of Congress
- Beaucoup: 2000+ search engines
- Country based search engines (defunct)
- Librarian's index to the Internet: list of good websites assembled by a group of American universities
- SearchSystem.net: search public records for free
- Teoma: search with authority
- The WWW virtual library: oldest catalog of the web
- Yahoo directory (defunct 2014)
- Best of the Web Directory: lists websites categorized by topic and region
- Jasmine Directory: one of the oldest Internet directories
- DMOZ (a.ka. Open Directory Project): largest directory of the Web
- Sources: general subject web portal for journalists, freelance writers, editors and researchers; in addition to a search engine it includes a subject-based directory
- Hotfrog: one of the largest collection of business directories
- Archives Hub:Find the best of what Britain has to offer in the Archives Hub. You’ll be able to search archives from almost 200 institutions from England, Scotland, and Wales.
- Business.com: integrated directory of knowledge resources and companies (operates a pay per click search engine)
- Dexigner: leading online portal for designers, includes a directory section
- Library and Archival Exhibitions on the Web: international database of online exhibitions which is a service of the Smithsonian Institution Libraries
- Virtual Library museums pages: directory of museum websites around the world
- The Environment Directory: lists links to environmental sites only
- Pandia powersearch:Offers a selection of specialized search engines, arranged by topic, so it is a good starting point for the hunt of specialized search engines
Reviewed websites, apps and digital media compiled by school librarians around the UK. (Information taken from The School Librarian)
A selection of free resources on Shakespeare:
The sonnet project: Free App. Exploring Shakespeare's sonnets, various actors read poems in different location in and around NYC. Daily examples are featured, and users may refer to the library to browse and select their own. Visually pleasing and innovative introduction.
MIT Global Shakespeare: Offers full-length performances of Shakespeare's plays from around the world in dozen languages, with essays and content from scholars and contrasting different ways Shakespeare's works are presented in other languages, cultures and styles.
Shakespeare's Globe: Provides teachers with an inventory of teaching guides, teacher's notes, and supplementary information on many of the Bard's plays. Excellent source for drama teachers or those interested in teaching students more about the Shakespearean stage.
Shakespeare uncovered PBS: Treasure trove of resources; video featuring actors such as David Tennants and Ethan Hawke, digitial short exploring themes, Shakespeare's biography; discussions with experts; full-length performances of select plays. All these resources are free for viewing.
**A selection of websites useful in supporting work around the World War I centenary:
British Library World War One http://www.bl.uk/world-war-one
First World War 100: the National Archives http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/first-world-war
Operation War Diary http://www.operationwardiary.org
World War One Centenary: Continuations and Beginnings http://ww1centenary.oucs.ox.ac.uk
The Daily Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ww1-archive